I have learnt about the importance of well-being over the last 6-12 months. To keep my mental health in check is really important as I suffer from bouts of depression which is something I have been working hard on beating.
1. Colouring books. I have got two mindfulness colouring books where I can colour in (something I enjoy doing anyway) and zone out. I’m not sure what makes these different to normal colouring books. Probably because they are for grown ups! I also like to read and aim to read before I go to bed to help me de stress, plus i’m a bit of a book worm.
2. Meditation. You can use an app from your phone or music from youtube. Concentrating on your breathing and meditating allows you to just forget everything and concentrate on being you. I have been known to fall asleep!
3. I love yoga. It’s become one of my joys each week when I attend my yoga class. I have become so much more aware of my body and how I feel since starting yoga. I also do daily yoga stretches to help keep my back supple.
4. A walk or run in the open air on your own – time to think of nothing apart from your own breathing and being aware of the environment around you. I’m no runner but I do enjoy a nice walk in the sunshine.
5. I really like to use Lavender oil, it allows my body to relax and helps me sleep too. I use a spray bottle with lavender oil in it to spray all over my bed (just few times) when I have been having difficulty sleeping. For me it works a treat.
6. Going to the gym really helps lift my mood and because I’m on my own, well it’s bliss. Music on and sweat away!
7. Going to the Hairdressers. I love having my hair washed and massaged, plus I can read a magazine without my kids nagging me. I have a hairdresser who comes to me now so I don’t get this anymore but if you can go to one then great!
8. Spa day. A fabulous way of spending time with your friends or loved one while chilling out and getting pampered with no kids. To me that is a win win situation!
How do you like to relax and de stress without the kiddies?